Project Architect / Designer
Please send résumés and references to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Ryan Street Architects is seeking an experienced candidate to join our design team in Austin, Texas. We are looking for a candidate with a strong design sensibility who is motivated, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks, with the ability to work in an open and dynamic studio environment. Our current work includes high-end residential and hospitality projects. This is a full-time salary position where pay is commensurate with experience, ability, and performance.
Assist the firm’s principal in determining the design direction for each new project. Work closely with the project architect and principal to ensure that the design process runs smoothly from initial concept to move-in day. The ideal candidate will be highly qualified to assist in the development of conceptual architectural design for high-end residential and hospitality projects. The job will involve reading and interpreting architectural drawings, selecting architectural materials and finishes, preparing conceptual design presentations and storyboards, obtaining and providing samples for the client, conceptualizing and designing interior architectural details, preparing presentations and presenting to clients, using CAD to prepare construction documentation, assisting in the preparation of estimating project budgets. You will be allowed design freedom suitable to your capabilities in order to help design high-end private residences in a well-established architecture firm.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Revit experience (preferred but not required)
- Sketch-Up experience (preferred but not required)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related discipline
- Assist firm’s owner in the design direction for each new project (new construction, renovations, etc.)
- Ability to communicate well with project architects and clients in order to make material finish and fixture selections
- Responsible for selection and specification of interior finishes, architectural lighting, plumbing fixtures, hardware, and flooring, and occasional furniture, artwork, decorative lighting, etc.
- Ability to hand sketch/draw and produce documents for fabrication and construction
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal communication skills, in both online presentations and in-person client meetings
- Work with in-house 3D Renderer and Graphic Designer to prepare design presentations
- Review and approve shop drawings and sample submittals from external sources
- Manage and monitor vendor and consultant progress throughout entire design and construction process and review all plans, specs, submittals and shop drawings prepared by vendor, consultants and in-house design team in order to ensure compliance with the design concept and documents
- Multiple and frequent site visits to review quality of work and assure conformance to design intent
- Capability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with colleagues in a team environment in order to keep multiple projects on schedule and in budget
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
compensation & benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid health insurance for employee
- Paid membership in AIA
- Paid standard holidays and vacation
- 401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment
- Support for professional development, continued learning, and leadership development